Monday, June 16, 2008

A few thoughts

I kept having all these diverse thoughts about what to write. So I'll do them quickly and all-in-a-row, sans photos.

1. The gusset (I know! the gusset!) on The Sock is turning out swimmingly; however, the heel is mis-turned and so there is a HOLE where there should have been a p2tog.

(OK, remember where I said no pictures? I LIED. There are sock pictures.)

Some sock progess shots:

I had just turned the heel and picked up stitches. This was a very happy occasion, as the first heel flap had to be completely frogged and also I had to go buy smaller needles for the mystical Picking Up itself.

a heel turned

However, later all my joy was turned to woe when I discovered this hole . . . Oh no! (I was going to take a picture of myself making an "oh no" face but I haven't done my hair or washed my face or put on makeup and I want to spare you all the horror.)

a hole! oh noes!

But look how much sock I have!

vague progess shot

Look how much gusset!

LOOK at that gusset!

So I think any frogging decisions will have to be made after I have made the whole pair. And then if this one looks pitiful and pathetic I'l redo it? Maybe.

2. I need to vacuum my room. Madly desperately. You know how much stuff there is in that one picture on my bed? Okay, imagine an entire floor like that. Except that's the only skein of handpainted yarn and it is now safely in a bin, waiting for me to take it to the shop to get it wound, which I totally forgot when I bought it due to my handpainted yarn daze. Also my I-need-to-get-home-to-get-ready-for-graduation daze. But ANYHOW the point is that (1) my lack of organization is seriously getting to my ability to do things and (2) although I can stand living in a room with too much hair all over and dust in odd places, it makes fiber arts A Living Hell.

3. And I'm graduated from high school. Possibly the scariest thing that's ever happened to me . . . I mean, high school wasn't all that great. I've got a lot of regrets. But, well, school has always been easier for me than not-school. I've been too distraught to move at the end of two-week breaks before. So . . . we'll see. I probably should get a therapist. My guidance counselor offered to recommend some . . . oops.

4. There is too much stuff I need to do. I am supposed to clean the kitchen, and figure out what's what in terms of Stuff To Do to get ready to go off to college. Plus also I have 71 items out from the library? I should Deal With This . . . TOo many knitting books, I never ever want to return them. But I shall Have To Be Tough.

So what am I doing? I'm sitting in front of the computer eating cold noodles and reading knitting blogs, of course. I kind of need to stop . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, is the hole at the top of your gusset---like, right at your ankle bone? Because that happens all the time to knitters like me who have knitted more than a couple pairs of socks. You can always go back and stitch over it. I've never bothered, but I've heard that it can be done. Just don't freak or anything.

undeadgoat said...

No . . . I should have pointed out its location on the overall sock picture. The hole is at the corner of the "turn", if that makes sense? Anyways, the gusset got so confusing I frogged the stupid thing and am going to be lame and make a tube sock.