Friday, May 29, 2009

I did some mending!

So last summer, the plastic clasp thing on one of my favorite bikinis busted when I bent over. That was the second time this had happened to this particular bikini--last time my mom had sewn in a new clasp for me. Well, I was rooting around through her notions and what should I find but another bikini clasp--it turns out the previous one had been one of a set of two! I sewed two lines of split backstitch with a doubled all-purpose white thread, insipred by the stitching on the loop that the clasp hooks into. Also because this bikini's already busted two hook/clasp things, I gave it a little more length. I don't feel any pulling across the back--I think this one will last. No process photos due to camera cord AWOL-ness, but Photo Booth to the rescue!

I didn't take a picture of the busted bikini, so here's a dramatic re-enactment of my distress. Note the broken clasp I'm holding--it's kind of hard to see.

Mending my bikini - 1

It's kind of hard to get the right details in Photobooth, you know. Here's me demonstrating that the bikini's clasped properly around my back, and that one tendril of hair is right exactly where it shouldn't be . . .

Mending my bikini - 2

And now, because how could I possibly resist, some gratuitous bikini shots! (Did you know that if you put "bikini" in the text relating to a Flickr picture, you don't need to do any work at all to get views? True Fact . . .)

Mending my bikini - 3

Ooh yeah, hella sassy . . .

Mending my bikini - 4

MySpace cleavage shot--done for parody, not self-degradation. I swear!

Mending my bikini - 5

This one even got commented on by a stranger. o.0

Mending my bikini - 6

OK, this one might be a little degrading, but I'd like it if it was of someone else.

. . . All these views I am getting on flickr are tempting me sorely to exploit my youth & beauty for personal financial gain . . .

Oh and P.S. I'm planning on embroidering this Buffy screencap sometime soon (Season 3, ep 20, "The Prom"):


I'd actually really love to do an image of Buffy & Angel, but I can only picture it in cross-stitch which would be highly difficult to design without one of those fancy software packs. :/

No comments: